LAST REVISION & EFFECTIVE DATE: November 24, 2008
Spam Arrest LLC ("Spam Arrest") is committed to protecting your privacy. We have made a commitment to maintain strict requirements regarding how we treat your information.
CHANGES IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
Your use of the Site following the posting of such changes or revised statement shall constitute your acceptance of any such changes. We encourage you to review our privacy statement whenever you visit our Site to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide will be used. This privacy statement applies to all users of this Site, including but not limited to Spam Arrest's customers who register for our services ("Customers") and to persons or entities that send email to Customers ("Senders"). This privacy statement applies only to our online information collection and use practices through this Web site and does not apply to Spam Arrest's offline information collection and use practices.
1. Spam Arrest employees do not access the content of any emails filtered through Spam Arrest services unless you specifically request them to do so (for example, if you are having technical difficulties accessing your account) or if required by law, to maintain our system, or to protect Spam Arrest or the public.
2. No human reads your email to target content or related information to you without your consent.
3. We will not sell, share, or rent any personal information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement without first obtaining your authorization.
4. We never share your personally identifying information with any advertiser as part of this service, unless you specifically ask us to do so.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
Although the majority of information obtained through this Site is business related, we may also collect personal information (i.e., individual information that may be used to personally identify or contact you) from Customers, Senders, and other users of this Site. Collection is done both actively (information you voluntarily submit to us) and passively (information automatically gathered from your computer).
ACTIVE COLLECTION. At several places on our Site, we collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us that may contain personally identifiable information. For Customers, for example, our registration page requests your full name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, email server host name and email user name and password. If you do not provide such information you may not be able to use the Site and service offered therein. When importing your email address book or adding email addresses as a contact to the site, these addresses will be used to pre-authorize communications with these users. For Senders, our identity verification page requests your full name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, and email name. You may also provide us with credit card information for payment of registration fees or other fees collected by Spam Arrest. If you send us an email request, we may also store that information. Spam Arrest also will store emails sent to Customers from Senders for an indefinite period of time, as back-up copies for the purposes of recovery from errors or system failure.
PASSIVE COLLECTION. Our software automatically collects certain information from your computer (such as your Internet address, browser type, operating software, computer language, email type, etc.) using three methods: (1) cookies, (2) log files, and (3) a software download.
2. Log Files. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
3. Software Download. When a Customer initially registers with Spam Arrest, he or she will be required to download software to his or her computer in order to complete registration. This software will gather information regarding the Customer's computer such as the type of operating software, the computer language, the type of email (e.g., Outlook, Netscape). This software also will gather other information regarding the Customer including the user's name and password, email host server, and IP address. The information collected is used internally by Spam Arrest to facilitate provision of unwanted email ("spam") blocking services to Customers. Such information (but not user and password information) may be sold or provided to third parties in aggregate form.
E-MAIL SERVER CONTENTS
The content within (a) your Spam Arrest e-mail service account and (b) the e-mail server you designate during the E-mail Service registration process, are retrieved, stored and maintained on Spam Arrest's servers in order to provide Spam Arrest services to you. Because we keep back-up copies of data for the purposes of recovery from errors or system failure, residual copies of email may remain on our systems for some time, even after you have deleted messages from your mailbox or after the termination of your account.
HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Spam Arrest is the sole owner of the information collected on this Site. Personal information that you provide Spam Arrest (such as a personal email address) may be used by Spam Arrest in the following ways:
* to contact you about your use of the Site or about our products and services;
* to respond to your comments or requests;
* to maintain a record of the relationship between email addresses to provide the spam blocking services;
* to request feedback and to enable us to develop and improve the Site and our products and services;
* for internal and Spam Arrest marketing/promotional purposes including newsletters (you can opt out of receiving marketing/promotional materials by completing the Termination of Service form on the Site); and
* for the specific purpose for which the information was provided and to otherwise provide the spam blocking services described in the Spam Arrest Terms of Service Agreement.
For example, we send new Customers and other users a welcoming email to verify password and username, and established Customers will occasionally receive information on product services or special promotions. Customers must accept such commercial/promotional emails as a requirement of our service. Please see "What Choices Do You Have Regarding The Use Of Your Information?" below regarding your options not to receive such communications. We also send Customers Site and service announcement updates via email. Receiving such email announcements is a condition of our service, as they contain important information about our service. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account. You may do that by completing the Termination of Service form on the Site.
For Senders, your information will be used to confirm or re-confirm your identity as a party authorized to send email to a particular Customer or Customers, to develop and maintain "scoring" information attributable to a particular Sender's email address, and to provide the spam blocking services described in the Spam Arrest Terms of Service Agreement. Your email address will not be used for marketing purposes, sold or shared with third parties, unless required by law.
For Spammers, your information may be sold or otherwise provided to spam monitoring, compliance, government and non-government organizations.
Except as set forth herein, Spam Arrest will not disclose Customer email addresses, or the email addresses of Senders, to any third parties, including, but not limited to, direct marketers.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We will not sell, share, or rent any personal information or email address to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement without first obtaining your authorization. We may provide aggregate information (i.e., information we collect that does not allow you to be personally identified or contacted) to third parties without your authorization, such as information about your access and use of the Site, about your computer operating system and computer language, email type, and similar information.
We may disclose personal information you provide to independent contractors, service providers and consultants who are engaged by or working with Spam Arrest. For example, we may use credit card processing companies to process payments for goods and services, outside shipping companies to ship orders and credit bureaus to check credit histories. We may partner with other parties to provide specific services and will share information with them in order to facilitate their provision of services. For example, when the Customer, Sender, or other user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information necessary for the third party to provide these services.
We may also disclose personal information we have collected if we are required to do so by law or if, in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights of Spam Arrest and its customers and the public.
WHAT STEPS DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Spam Arrest understands that security of your information and your email address is vital to your business. Spam Arrest provides four levels of protection against unauthorized access to your information: (1) global security using SSL encryption technology, (2) firewall security for protection of our Web and database servers against external attack, (3) encrypted password protection for your account.
HOW CAN YOU CORRECT AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you wish to correct your email address or any personally identifiable information (such as zip code, phone number, etc.), please contact us at the address or email indicated below and we will endeavor to correct or update the personal data you have provided us to the extent such information is not necessary to complete any services or transactions with us.
CHOICE / OPT-OUT
We provide you the opportunity to "opt out" of our use of your personally identifiable information. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, and also wish to withdraw permission for us to use your personally identifiable information, you may opt-out by canceling your services with Spam Arrest. You may cancel your services by completing the Termination of Service form on the Site.
You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
Please note that for users of our services who do not become Customers following the thirty (30) day free trial period, we will continue to monitor and track email sent to such user unless and until the user completes the Termination of Service form on the Site or Spam Arrest decides to cease monitoring and tracking emails sent to such user.
If you feel that Spam Arrest is not abiding by this privacy statement, you should contact our Privacy Compliance Coordinator by email at email@example.com or by mail at 7683 SE 27th Street, PMB 273, Mercer Island WA 98040.